Three living trachyleberidid ostracod species, Acanthocythereis munechikai Ishizaki, Actinocythereis kisarazuensis Yajima and Hirsutocythere hanaii Ishizaki, were discovered in the Tsushima Straits, c. 120 km east of Tsushima Island (north Island), N 34° 46′ E 130° 46′ at a depth of 116 m. This is the first description of complete appendages for these genera.
- Acanthocythereis munechikai
- Actinocythereis kisarazuensis
- Hirsutocythere hanaii
- Received January 20, 2009.
- Accepted January 26, 2010.
- © 2010 The Micropalaeontological Society